• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to stop at a stop sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LIZ_12345

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OKLAHOMA CITY

Hello,

in december I was pulled over for not stopping at a stop sign. I didn't double check the court date so I missed the court date (I wanted to plead not guilty and go fight the ticket). Well a three days later I went to court and found out the ticket was doubled for not showing up. I was told to pay the ticket and so I could go to court. I mistakenly paid on-line instead of in court. I then went to fill a motion to get take back my plead that i mistakenly made on-line. Today I went to court and the judge said she dismissed the ticket without court fees without hearing me and it seemed as if she didn't look at the paper work. I say that because she was talking about a speeding ticket. I stupidly walked out without confirming that it was for a stop sign and that i wanted to fight the ticket. the judge only said i didn't have to pay anymore.

I don't understand if she dismissed it why did i not get my money back? for anything because i paid 402.00 while the ticket should have at least been reduced to 172.00 (the original cost of the ticket).

I'm not sure what to do any suggestions?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Yes, go BACK to the court in person and speak to a clerk to find out what happened. No one here can magically find out what the judge really did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">