• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fire Hydrant ticket, yes I searched

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slashVF

What is the name of your state? Nevada, Las Vegas

Hi, I've searched the threads and know I will be guilty no matter what. I was parked in front of the parking structure for UNLV (so I dont have to pay for a silly $100 parking pass) and got a ticket for being in front of a fire hydrant, completely didnt notice it, and I guess it doesn't matter either if the curb is painted clearly either (was all black and grey from tire curbings)

I was not present when I got the ticket (found it on my windshield after class), so my name is not listed on the ticket and there is no fine listed, just a court date. The only persons name on there is my mothers (even though the car is registered under her name and mines), so does she have to show up or me? And whats gonna happen 'in court'?

I'm competing for an military slot, and I don't want to put any bad dings on my record, what should I do? :confused:

HomeGuru

slashVF said:

Hi, I've searched the threads and know I will be guilty no matter what. I was parked in front of the parking structure for UNLV (so I dont have to pay for a silly $100 parking pass) and got a ticket for being in front of a fire hydrant, completely didnt notice it, and I guess it doesn't matter either if the curb is painted clearly either (was all black and grey from tire curbings)

I was not present when I got the ticket (found it on my windshield after class), so my name is not listed on the ticket and there is no fine listed, just a court date. The only persons name on there is my mothers (even though the car is registered under her name and mines), so does she have to show up or me? And whats gonna happen 'in court'?

I'm competing for an military slot, and I don't want to put any bad dings on my record, what should I do? :confused:

**A: pay the ticket and don't be a ding or a dong.

Indiana Filer

slashVF said:

Hi, I've searched the threads and know I will be guilty no matter what. I was parked in front of the parking structure for UNLV
Was the ticket issued by UNLV? Is so, you can probably go to the website for the school, search on parking enforcement, and find a site that has the fines listed and which tells how to pay.

If the ticket was the city of Las Vegas, is there a phone number anywhere on the ticket?

slashVF

It was titled 'UPD' so I'm guessing University Police Department, but they still have the titles of official police. Like I said, there is no fine ammount, just said 'court' under total bail amount. Oh, and I tried calling the number only to find it doesn't exist anymore :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">