• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fire lane ticket written as moving violation...legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

opulence8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

so i was parked in the fire lane with the engine running with a passenger in the car while i ran in to get soda. the person i was with called me and said the police was out there writing me a fire lane citation and that she had asked that if she moved the vehicle could he just not write the ticket and he said no, so i figured fine, ill get the ticket, she can move and its over. she calls back saying that he wont let her move my truck and that he is just gonna wait until i come out to write me the ticket. so i come out, he asks for and runs my id and he writes it like a moving violation. i was gonna just pay it until i find out its $150. is this legal the way he wrote the ticket? i recall a few years back at the airport when i was in a no parking zone a cop pulled up and told me not to move while he writes me a citation, he hands it to me without asking for my id, i pay the $20 fine, life moves on, but to get a $150 fire lane ticket written as a moving violation? legit or no? thanks!

wyett717

Perhaps since the vehicle was running, it may be considered a moving violation. However, this is your 2nd offense for parking violations, I would maybe be more responsible about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">