• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgot to Hang my Disabled Placard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xbox1

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I posses a Disabled placard from my home state of Wisconsin and haver never forgotten to hang it up until today when I came back from a horrible test/day at college. I must have forgotten to hang it when I left and went inside for a few hours to take a nap. When I came back out there was a ticket for 500 dollars on my windshield. I am going to contest it because I have a disabled placard. I have done some researh and many states will reverse the citation and make you pay nothing, but I was unable to find anything about Tucson, AZ. If you could tell me what my outcome should be or might be please let me know!

xbox1

Statute

Looking at my ticket, it looks like I violated statute: 20-222A or at least that is the Tucson City code for the offense. the exact amount owed is $518.00.

seniorjudge

xbox1 said:
Looking at my ticket, it looks like I violated statute: 20-222A or at least that is the Tucson City code for the offense. the exact amount owed is $518.00.
I would show up in court with the hang tag that was valid on the day you got the ticket and beg and plead for mercy (which is to say, a very low or no fine).

xbox1

resolved

I found out that all i have to do is make a copy of my placard and mail in 20 bucks. Thats the fine for failing to hang my placard. I don't even have to show up in court. thats much better than 500 bucks!! Thanks much for your help though!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">