• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Front license plate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pgwk

What is the name of your state? california

I recently received a fixable ticket from a police officer for missing front license plate which has not been corrected yet. Tonight I was parked on a street and I received a parking ticket for missing my front plate with same code of VC5200 with $25 fine. Can parking enforcement officer fine me for something like this? I know I only have to pay the processing fee for the ticket I received from police officer. What should I do?

Shay-Pari'e

pgwk said:

I recently received a fixable ticket from a police officer for missing front license plate which has not been corrected yet. Tonight I was parked on a street and I received a parking ticket for missing my front plate with same code of VC5200 with $25 fine. Can parking enforcement officer fine me for something like this? I know I only have to pay the processing fee for the ticket I received from police officer. What should I do?
Pay both fines and get your car fixed.

CdwJava

pgwk said:

Yes. If your jurisdiction has established a fine and fee schedule for these violations, they CAN cite you for it as a parking violation.

Pay the ticket or contest it ... but I don't see any grounds to contest it.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">