• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Front License Plate (NY)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meshopsi

I got a parking ticket in NY state for not having a front license plate.

I hadn't realized until I got the ticket that my front plate had fallen off or been stolen...

If I show that I've fixed the situation, can I get out of the ticket?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
meshopsi said:
I got a parking ticket in NY state for not having a front license plate.

I hadn't realized until I got the ticket that my front plate had fallen off or been stolen...

If I show that I've fixed the situation, can I get out of the ticket?
Can you get out of the ticket? Probably not. However, since you fixed the situation many times a judge will lower the fines or costs and be lenient. So it will be cheaper in the long run. You were driving without a front license plate though -- and since you were driving, you are assumed to know the defects in the vehicle.

You Are Guilty

Not that it guarantees a dismissal by any means, but if you go to contest the ticket with a copy of the police report you filed for a lost/stolen plate, it will go a long way in helping your cause. (Plus, I think you need one to get the DMV to issue you new plates. Or at least you used to.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">