• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Front plate violation - never received notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chimini

What is the name of your state? Illinois (Chicago)

I just got notice in the mail today for TWO no front plate violations. one from september and one from mid-november. I never received any of the original tickets and can put a front plate on now. I was planning on putting it after getting ONE ticket since my dealer never installed it originally. Any chance I can do a mail-in contest to get at least one of the fines removed or the fines reduced?

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Illinois (Chicago)

I just got notice in the mail today for TWO no front plate violations. one from september and one from mid-november. I never received any of the original tickets and now have a front plate. Any way I can do a mail-in contest to get at least one of the fines removed or the fines reduced?
how the heck should we know? Have you called the number on the ticket and asked them?

chimini

just called. no dice. I was supposed to get a ticket on the car or in the mail. City doesn't care that I did not. Thanks anyways.

efflandt

I don't know why IL dealers to not automatically put a front license plate bracket on a vehicle when the front plate is required in IL.

My boss got such a ticket from airport parking while out of town. He could not find his front plate, so he thought he ordered a replacement front plate only, but they sent him new plates with a different number. Then he had no registration sticker for the new plates because he had put it on the old rear plate. You just can't win.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">