• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Get NJ drivers license number

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

warrenw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I am a former NJ resident currently living in NY. I need to obtain a copy of my NJ abstract driving record but I don't know my NJ drivers license number. How do I obtain this?

warrenw

Don't remember the insurance company's name. I haven't lived in NJ for about 15 years, but I know that I have outstanding summonses and I want to pay them off.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Don't remember the insurance company's name. I haven't lived in NJ for about 15 years, but I know that I have outstanding summonses and I want to pay them off.
Contact NJ Motor Vehicle Services. They should be able to get you the information using your name and date of birth.

I don't know how far back NJ would hold onto a license record, but any law enforcement agency anywhere should be able to send an inquiry to NJ for a license check, also by name and DoB. Try going in person to your local police department to see if they can help you.

FlyingRon

Well, why didn't you say that? That's an entirely different issue than what you asked. The state is very much sensitive to not providing the driving records unless you can identify yourself as the person involved. Through normal channels you'd need a copy of your license (it's only online you can suffice with just the number and other identity information). Now if you want to go the DMV and ask how you get your suspension cleared, they may be able to provide you with that specific information.

warrenw

Well, why didn't you say that? That's an entirely different issue than what you asked. The state is very much sensitive to not providing the driving records unless you can identify yourself as the person involved. Through normal channels you'd need a copy of your license (it's only online you can suffice with just the number and other identity information). Now if you want to go the DMV and ask how you get your suspension cleared, they may be able to provide you with that specific information.
I called NJDMV. They would not provide me with my license number since they said it was against the law, but when I gave them my name, DOB, eye color & current address, they gave me a list of all my outstanding summonses and the phone numbers of the local police departments. In addition I was told that I also needed to pay a surcharge to have my license restored. So I finally got what I needed. Thanks to all for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">