• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting my license back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gaflin

What is the name of your state? Colorado
A couple of years ago, I was caught driving without insurance and had to file an SR-22, which I did. For 2 years, I kept up with the payments, but then my car's transmission crapped out and it would cost more to repair than the car was worth, so I decided to get rid of the car. I did not buy another one and when I got rid of the car, I dropped the insurance on the car. This turned out to be a bad idea because I got a letter from the dear old DMV stating that my license was suspended until I could provide proof of insurance. Apparently, at least in the state of Colorado, under an SR-22 you are required to maintain insurance even without having a vehicle. When I spoke to insurance companies, none would give me insurance without a valid driver's license. How to I get my license back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">