• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a summons for "excess engine noise"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AllYouCanTiff

What is the name of your state? NY

Hey, I just got a summons (pink) for "excess engine noise" (exhaust).

The thing is I just started on my full time job less than 3 weeks ago and I really rather not take a day off so soon just to go to court (its scheduled for April 12th).

Is there anyway I can postpone the court date? Can I have someone else go for me? Lawyer?

I dont mind paying the fine, its going to be like $100 but I just really dont feel like taking a day off when I just started working.

Thanks in advance for your help

seniorjudge

AllYouCanTiff said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Hey, I just got a summons (pink) for "excess engine noise" (exhaust).

The thing is I just started on my full time job less than 3 weeks ago and I really rather not take a day off so soon just to go to court (its scheduled for April 12th).

Is there anyway I can postpone the court date? Can I have someone else go for me? Lawyer?

I dont mind paying the fine, its going to be like $100 but I just really dont feel like taking a day off when I just started working.

Thanks in advance for your help

Call the court clerk and ask if you can enter a guilty plea by mail and send in the fine and costs with the plea.

Maybe that info is on the stuff you got already; double-check it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">