• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got towed from a marked parking spot, while I was in the gym.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Carl123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California, I was at the gym for about an hour, when I came out my car was gone, so I called the police department and they told my car had been towed for being too far from the gym, also I was near a water hydrant but there were clearly marked white parking lines on the ground and no signs that said no parking or anything like that, do any of you guys know if I can fight the charges in anyway I don't understand how can my car be towed even when it was in a legal marked spot in the gym's parking lot. And if I was not supposed to park near the water hydrant, why were there marked parking spots next to it?

Last edited:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California, I was at the gym for about an hour, when I came out my car was gone, so I called the police department and they told my car had been towed for being too far from the gym, also I was near a water hydrant but there were clearly marked white parking lines on the ground and no signs that said no parking or anything like that, do any of you guys know if I can fight the charges in anyway I don't understand how can my car be towed even when it was in a legal marked spot in the gym's parking lot. And if I was not supposed to park near the water hydrant, why were there marked parking spots next to it?
So let me get this right here...you say you had your car towed away while you were in the gym, right? Then you said the cops said that you were also near a water hydrant parked in a parking spot (between 2 white painted lines) located within the gym parking lot, right? I don't believe it because I don't believe your car would have been towed away unless another business called them to tow you for being parked in THEIR parking space. And that is what I believe is the case, in my honest opinion. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">