• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grace period between tickets for expired inspection?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baltmatt

What is the name of your state? NY

I got a ticket for expired inspection sticker on Monday. On Tuesday a second ticket (same offense) was placed on top of the first one.

Is there no "grace period" for rectifying my expired sticker? Or do I need to skip work tomorrow and get my car inspected to avoid a potential third ticket?

You Are Guilty

baltmatt said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I got a ticket for expired inspection sticker on Monday. On Tuesday a second ticket (same offense) was placed on top of the first one.

Is there no "grace period" for rectifying my expired sticker?
What in the world would make you think there was one? Strictly speaking, you can be ticketed every minute you are not in compliance with the law. As a practical matter, you can often get numbers 2 - X tossed if they were all written the same day and you have since fixed the problem.
Or do I need to skip work tomorrow and get my car inspected to avoid a potential third ticket?
Or just don't park it on public property until you can go.

JEFFSPD

Not familiar with the NY veh code. However, the policy of many parking enforcement agencies is that you cant be cited for the same violation (if your car was not moved) within a 24hr time period.

Example: If you were cited at 5:30 on Monday for registration they could not cite you again until 5:31 on Tuesday.

Notice I said MOST agencies.... get your car on private property until you can get everything taken care of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">