• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grounds for Mitigating Parking Ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kansaidan

What is the name of your state? Washington

Hello,

When I arrived at my car after work, there was a Parking Citation under the wiper. Apparently I parked within 20 feet of an unmarked crosswalk. Price for my infraction: $30.

The infraction was specifically cited on the Ticket in the Municipal Code as 16.61.570 (1)(b)(iii). When I researched it, I found the infraction I violated, but it is not the same one cited on the Ticket. However the correct code I should have been cited for is nearby at 16.61.570 (A)(2)(c).

Do I have grounds to eMitigate the Citation because the Parking Officer cited the incorrect Municipal Code?What is the name of your state?

racer72

I believe you can fight the ticket. Just claim you are unable to provide a valid defense to the citation because the wrong statute was listed on the citation. Describe what the statute you were cited for and what the ticket says. The judge will likely dismiss the citation, but, and a big but, the officer may be given a chance to cite you under the correct statute.

cepe10

I believe you can fight the ticket. Just claim you are unable to provide a valid defense to the citation because the wrong statute was listed on the citation. Describe what the statute you were cited for and what the ticket says. The judge will likely dismiss the citation, but, and a big but, the officer may be given a chance to cite you under the correct statute.

From that I suppose anyone can be charged with anything and the LEO can just change his mind at the trial LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:

cepe10

What is the name of your state? Washington

Hello,

When I arrived at my car after work, there was a Parking Citation under the wiper. Apparently I parked within 20 feet of an unmarked crosswalk. Price for my infraction: $30.

The infraction was specifically cited on the Ticket in the Municipal Code as 16.61.570 (1)(b)(iii). When I researched it, I found the infraction I violated, but it is not the same one cited on the Ticket. However the correct code I should have been cited for is nearby at 16.61.570 (A)(2)(c).

Do I have grounds to eMitigate the Citation because the Parking Officer cited the incorrect Municipal Code?What is the name of your state?
Yes - it should be dismissed since the charge is in ERROR.

racer72

Yes - it should be dismissed since the charge is in ERROR.
Be advised, you have just recieved advice from someone that has absolutely no concept of the laws of the state of Washington and has a history in these forums of offering advice that is shaky at best. This advice is totally wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">