• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handicap parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

solutions

What is the name of your state? New Jersey.

Thank you to all those who responded. Allow me to clarify. My mother does not drive, the driver who "stood" in the handicaped parking zone was essentially the "chauffeur" Mom was at a doctors office, fasting for the morning before the blood test. Driver was "standing" outside the bagel store while grandchild ran in to get mom food after her blood test and she could break her fast and eat. If driver had gone in to get a bagel leaving the car parked, probably would not get a ticket because placard was hanging. But because driver was in seat, car idleing, police asked driver if handicapped person was in the bagel store, answer was no, so ticket was written. Mom is willing to go to court on court date, although I think it is a real health risk, she is 87 and frail, heart, parkinsons, can't walk. etc.
Do any of you out there have a change of heart now?
Thanks

seniorjudge

solutions said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey.

Thank you to all those who responded. Allow me to clarify. My mother does not drive, the driver who "stood" in the handicaped parking zone was essentially the "chauffeur" Mom was at a doctors office, fasting for the morning before the blood test. Driver was "standing" outside the bagel store while grandchild ran in to get mom food after her blood test and she could break her fast and eat. If driver had gone in to get a bagel leaving the car parked, probably would not get a ticket because placard was hanging. But because driver was in seat, car idleing, police asked driver if handicapped person was in the bagel store, answer was no, so ticket was written. Mom is willing to go to court on court date, although I think it is a real health risk, she is 87 and frail, heart, parkinsons, can't walk. etc.
Do any of you out there have a change of heart now?
Thanks
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=330567

Keep all your posts in your original thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">