• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handicap parking after hours?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rparker6491

I was at my son's high school in Ohio picking him up from baseball practice. The driveway to pick up students was full of cars so I parked in one of the handicap spots at the end of the drive. It should be noted that this was at 8:15 PM, school was closed, and everyone there was picking up their baseball player. All the cars parked in the driveway were in a fire lane and unattended. My son had called me on my cell phone and I stayed with my vehicle since he was exiting the building and he had two bags of equipment to load. In short, an officer gave me a ticket for being in the handicap spot. I was the only vehicle in the handicap area, all other spots were open, no warning, nothing. After I moved my vehicle we observed the officer and five other cars parked in the handicap zone, no other citations issued and only one driver received a warning. Nothing done about the fire lane violations either. Mind you, I know all these parents as our sons all play ball together. I realize I was parked illegally but this guy even pulled up behind me and blocked me in and turned on his spotlight. I haven't had any traffic violations in years. Is this guy out of line, can he issue tickets on school property?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">