• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

handicap parking area...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wiguy2003

What is the name of your state? Wi
is there a set limit for how far away from a handicap stall you have to be..I know ADA states 60" to the right for cars..96" for vans.. I got a ticket for parkign in HANDICAP..but was 10 feet away.. just because the whole area is painted in yellow stripe they considered the whole area handicap. was I in a no parking..mabye..bikes park there all the time..handicap..no way.

BelizeBreeze

If you were parked in the stipped area then you were parking in a handicapped zone. Quit your whinning and pay the fine.

wiguy2003

ha..typical answer....the facts are I wasn't in a handicap..no parking yes...ill take a 10.00 fine over 80.00. why do people give up so easy..

kathrynne

Well, if those yellow stripes are next to the handicap area, you're in the wrong and so are all those bikes.

There are reasons why the handicap stalls are so wide, and if you're infringing on them I hope you get the thrill of trying to maneuver a wheelchair in insufficient space because of an inconsiderate person someday.

wiguy2003

10-15 feet away from a handicap stall is not in a handicap..insufficient space ?? the area is 20 feet by 20 feet at least..plus vans have there own spot for wheelchair lifts.. I guess Walmart will be getting notified too.

your other words..There are reasons why the handicap stalls are so wide, and if you're infringing on them .... if I was in the stall or parked to the right that woudl be wrong..not where I was parked..I guess Ill get pics..

kathrynne

wiguy2003 said:
10-15 feet away from a handicap stall is not in a handicap..insufficient space ?? the area is 20 feet by 20 feet at least..plus vans have there own spot for wheelchair lifts.. I guess Walmart will be getting notified too.
Your distance is growing. In your OP you said 10 feet. Now it's 10-15 feet. Will it be 20 feet tomorrow?

wiguy2003

It wont be different tomorrow because I give up..your all right..I wish I lived in your simple world where everyone is wrong and your always right..thanks for the info. Walmart will be changing there parking area soon enough!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">