• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handicap Parking Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rkt

What is the name of your state?Addison, Texas - Rec'd unjust Handicap Parking Ticket. Question #1. Is it a valid ticket if the Officer dose not sign and put his badge number on the ticket where indicate? Question #2. Must you be in the Handicap space when the officer writes the ticket or can they issue you a ticket two blocks from where the supposed offense took place? Your response would be helpful.

CdwJava

Why was the cite "Unjust"?

I would consider it unjust if I were issued a citation for a violation I did not commit ... not if I got the citation when I thought I had made a clean getaway.

- Carl

BelizeBreeze

You're lucky I didn't see you. Yesterday I was at Wally-World when I noticed a young (about 35) lady parking in handicapped parking. So I asked her "You don't plan on parking there do you?"

Her reply was "What the F*** business is it of yours?"

You want to know the outcome? She is now sitting in jail for battery on a police officer, resisting arrest and parking in a handicapped zone.

Pay the fine and don't do it again. You never know who's watching. It might be me next time.

R

rkt

It was unjust because I did not park in any Handicap Space. There are no witnesses, the officer is wrong and since it will be his word against mine, who do you think the Judge is going to side with. I just find it frustrating that an officer can issue a ticket and I really have no recourse when it's my word verses his word.

CdwJava

So, if you never stopped in a handicap space or access space, why would he pull you over and cite you for it? Did you drive past it? Pull out from next to it? Stop in it or in front of it?

Presuming you never stopped in the space, I can only presume that the officer will have to testify that he nevcer saw you there. However, if you so much as stopped in the spot - and maybe even blocked it - that would likely be sufficient to justify the cite.

I guess you won't know until court what the officer saw or thought he saw.

- Carl

R

rkt

Guess I will just have to wait for my day in court. I'm sure he will not incriminate himself, and I will end up having to pay the fine plus court costs. This will be the third time I have encountered a police officer who has violated my trust with their lack of integrity.

R

rkt

Screwed by the judicial process again. The police will take advantage of you whenever they can get away with it. Watch your backs.

AHA

BelizeBreeze said:
You're lucky I didn't see you. Yesterday I was at Wally-World when I noticed a young (about 35) lady parking in handicapped parking. So I asked her "You don't plan on parking there do you?"

Her reply was "What the F*** business is it of yours?"

You want to know the outcome? She is now sitting in jail for battery on a police officer, resisting arrest and parking in a handicapped zone.

Pay the fine and don't do it again. You never know who's watching. It might be me next time.
Nice work. Wish I could have seen it. I love busting criminals too....even if I'm not a cop. :)

CdwJava

So ... let me get this straight ... you were found guilty of parking (or stopping) in a handicapped space, and you did not ever leave the road, stop, or otherwise cease movement in the space or upon the associated and marked area (blue or white lines indictating additional space for doors or handicap access from wheelchairs, walkers, etc.)?

What did the officer claim you did?

- Carl

HomeGuru

rkt said:
It was unjust because I did not park in any Handicap Space. There are no witnesses, the officer is wrong and since it will be his word against mine, who do you think the Judge is going to side with. I just find it frustrating that an officer can issue a ticket and I really have no recourse when it's my word verses his word.

**A: we don't believe you. Your vehicle was in the designated space period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">