• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handicap Parking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chanti

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Peoria,IL

Hi,
I've parked my vehicle at Handicapped spot in my Apartment complex on 4/17/2010.

I'm unloading some furniture from my Car,so I stupidly thought it would be easy if I park near to entrance.After one hour,I went back and noticed $350 Handicapped parking ticket on my vehicle.This is happened in the afternoon.I'm worrying about $350 fine,it's a big amount to me.

Is it advisable to contest it with administrative hearing officer.This is my first violation.Is there
any chance in reducing the ticket amount or should I pay full amount?

Pls advice me... Thanks in advanceWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Peoria,IL

Hi,
I've parked my vehicle at Handicapped spot in my Apartment complex on 4/17/2010.

I'm unloading some furniture from my Car,so I stupidly thought it would be easy if I park near to entrance.After one hour,I went back and noticed $350 Handicapped parking ticket on my vehicle.This is happened in the afternoon.I'm worrying about $350 fine,it's a big amount to me.

Is it advisable to contest it with administrative hearing officer.This is my first violation.Is there
any chance in reducing the ticket amount or should I pay full amount?

Pls advice me... Thanks in advanceWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Why should the ticket be reduced at all? You left your car for a full hour! You were NOT "unloading furniture" - not that it would have mattered.

justalayman

I talked to the cop. He said he drove around and checked back several times trying to give you a break but after an hour, he said you simply deserved the ticket so you are where you are.

swalsh411

Are you aware that in many apartment complex's the spot is designated handicapped because a handicapped person lives in one of the nearby apartments?

The Occultist

Are you aware that in many apartment complex's the spot is designated handicapped because a handicapped person lives in one of the nearby apartments?
I'm not aware of that. In fact, in my complex I know that there are zero residents that have a handicap, and the spots are here due to state regulations.

TigerD

I talked to the cop too and SHE told me that she was darn ticked at her BF for being a moron, so she took it out on you ;)
Really, the cop told me she has a handicapped grandmother and can't stand the thoughtless jerks that park in handicapped spots and possibly prevent actually disabled people from being able use them. She said it was a shame they wouldn't let her tow on the first offense.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">