• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

handicaped parking requirements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

turtle4070

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I recently recieved a ticket for parking in a handicapped spot. I didn't notice the sign since it was not placed where it should've been. As a matter of fact I have a decent knowledge of the ADA specs from working in construction. The parking spot did not conform to atleast 3 of the cities own oridinances, as well as those listed on the department of justice website. Basically, can I be ticketed for breaking the ordinance when the very parking spot doesn't meet the requirements of being a disabled parking spot?

Turtle4070

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What do you want us to tell you that you don't already know?

Have your ticket adjudicated and present your evidence. It will be up to a judge/hearing officer to decide if you are correct in your legal research.

turtle4070

Well was hoping to find help with the research actually. The ordinances are easy enough to find. However I would like to find out if this has been fought before, and not sure where or how to look up previous cases if there were any that cover this.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Seems like kind of a stretch to expect to be able to search through prior cases for parking tickets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">