• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handicapped parking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ceciliawoo

What is the name of your state? California

Hi, we parked in a handicapped spot at the clinic (private property) and got a ticket from the city of San Jose. Previously the handicapped signs on the ground were blurred and there were no handicapped "post" in front of the spot. Only three of them had the handicapped posts (if you need to see the picture, I can send it to you). The nurse at the clinic told us it's ok to park there. Today when we got there, we saw the signs on the ground were painted...but still there are no handicapped post in front of the spot. So we thought it's still ok to park there, given that the clinic only has very limited parking spaces and I have a 3-month old baby with me. The ticket will cost me $300. Should I contest? Can the police enforces the law in the private property?What is the name of your state?

Well color me Bronze and stick me on a mantle.

You know Ms. California wood person, you have no right no matter how many babies you might have to park in a handicapped parking space. You knew it was a place for handicapped parkers only. You admit there were signs. You admit a nurse ( silly old nurse) told you you could park there.

Now admit your guilt and own up to the fact that you were too lazy to find a nice place park and leave the blue spots ALONE!

There now you made me shout, my Cat Rascal does not like it when I shout. But you have gotten me all in a twitter. Even though I am mad at you I have to warn you, In San Jose you are awfully close to San Francisco where the Vampires live. So make a bib of garlic for your baby, keep a crucifix handy and STAY OUT OF HANDICAPPED SPOTS?

Oh I am sorry rascal, here have one of my support hose to play with, the other 57 kitties already tore it up a bit but here it is all for you.

Here kitty kitty kitty

CdwJava

Yes, the city can enforce handicapped parking on most parking lots - public and private. This sounds like it is publicly accessable so it is enforceable.

The following requirements for the designated space must be met pursuant to CVC 22511.8 for a handicapped citation to be issued:

(1) By posting immediately adjacent to, and visible from, each
stall or space, a sign consisting of a profile view of a wheelchair
with occupant in white on a blue background.

And, one or both of the following:

(2) By outlining or painting the stall or space in blue and
outlining on the ground in the stall or space in white or suitable
contrasting color a profile view depicting a wheelchair with
occupant.

(3) By outlining a profile view of a wheelchair with occupant in
white on a blue background, of the same dimensions as in paragraph
(2). The profile view shall be located so that it is visible to a
traffic enforcement officer when a vehicle is properly parked in the
space.

If what you say is true and there is no sign, then the citation might be successfully contested.

It is not uncommon for commercial centers to have improperly marked handicapped stalls. This is either out of ignorance, or done with the intent to allow their customers to avoid getting angered for parking there.

- Carl

Well Color me fushia and don't catch me blushing

Sigh, I just love a man in uniform.
Carl fellow, I sure do wish you were not married. I bet you are kind to cats too.
Sigh, and I am stuck with a lousy postman who couldn't pull a statute out of his sack if he even tried. Now I am sad, I need to pet some cats, maybe Bessie Smith because I have the blues.

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty

CdwJava

Sorry ... we wouldn't be a good match - not only because I'm happily married, but I am severely allergic to cats.

- Carl

Well Color me brown and call me a brownie scout

I know you are a loyal and good man Mr. Carl the cop fellow, that is why I think you are the perfect man. Sigh. But I going to keep myself for someone like you. The Postman only rings once anyway, so I will try for the crossing guard next. I did not see a ring. But, it is true I do not see as well as I did when I was seventy.
Maybe I should take Twitsy on a walk with me next time. She likes all things glittery. If she makes a lunge for his left hand I know that he has a ring!!!

Okay that is my game-plan for tommorow, I need to clean my support hose, curl my wig and find my teeth. My 60 cats were playing some kind of field hockey with them last time I took a gander in the parlor.

You take your wife some flowers home you tonight, because you gave up a good woman in me.

WHERE ARE MY TEETH.

Here Kitty kitty KITTIES!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">