• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

handicapped parking ticketed and is there a cvc law code for this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The university feels:
where did you get this?
plus this is not on the actual pass parking lots, just metered. metered is elsewhere. NO pass is needed!!! you do NOT need pass and to pay meters.

people don't seem to get the idea, which the patrol is playing on. the lack of knowledge of differentiating the locations. I did explain it above. regular pass is understood but this is not the regular pass parking. it is a metered parking.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I came back to visit again and got another one. they don't seem to get it. they can NOT rewrite federal laws.
The feds have nothing to do with this. Did you know that in MANY states, one cannot park for free at a meter by virtue of having a handicap placard/plate?

For example, our fun-filled neighboring state of NV doesn't allow it...nor does MA.

Just Blue

The feds have nothing to do with this. Did you know that in MANY states, one cannot park for free at a meter by virtue of having a handicap placard/plate?

For example, our fun-filled neighboring state of NV doesn't allow it...nor does MA.
We do not. But my state does provide a bunch of HCP.

fine, I can play that game.

but California does allow it.
and I am in California.

California's rules:

V C Section 22511.5 Disabled Parking Authorized Parking Zones

Disabled Parking: Authorized Parking Zones

22511.5. (a) (1) A disabled person or disabled veteran displaying special license plates issued under Section 5007 or a distinguishing placard issued under Section 22511.55 or 22511.59 is allowed to park for unlimited periods in any of the following zones:

(A) In any restricted zone described in paragraph (5) of subdivision (a) of Section 21458 or on streets upon which preferential parking privileges and height limits have been given pursuant to Section 22507.

(B) In any parking zone that is restricted as to the length of time parking is permitted as indicated by a sign erected pursuant to a local ordinance.

(2) A disabled person or disabled veteran is allowed to park in any metered parking space without being required to pay parking meter fees.

(3) This subdivision does not apply to a zone for which state law or ordinance absolutely prohibits stopping, parking, or standing of all vehicles, or which the law or ordinance reserves for special types of vehicles, or to the parking of a vehicle that is involved in the operation of a street vending business.

(b) A disabled person or disabled veteran is allowed to park a motor vehicle displaying a special disabled person license plate or placard issued by a foreign jurisdiction with the same parking privileges authorized in this code for any motor vehicle displaying a special license plate or a distinguishing placard issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Amended Sec. 12, Ch. 404, Stats. 2004. Effective January 1, 2005.
Amended Sec. 11, Ch. 478, Stats. 2010. Effective January 1, 2011.

I originally didn't really understand these rules, but I have been asking DMV personnel and researching. I now know that they are just doing this to increase revenue but the parking patrol is also not knowledgeable about the rules they enforce too.

Last edited:

tranquility

where did you get this?
plus this is not on the actual pass parking lots, just metered. metered is elsewhere. NO pass is needed!!! you do NOT need pass and to pay meters.

people don't seem to get the idea, which the patrol is playing on. the lack of knowledge of differentiating the locations. I did explain it above. regular pass is understood but this is not the regular pass parking. it is a metered parking.
http://daf.csulb.edu/admin_guidelines/guidelines/disabled_parking.html

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
fine, I can play that game.

but California does allow it.
and I am in California.

California's rules:

V C Section 22511.5 Disabled Parking Authorized Parking Zones

Disabled Parking: Authorized Parking Zones

22511.5. (a) (1) A disabled person or disabled veteran displaying special license plates issued under Section 5007 or a distinguishing placard issued under Section 22511.55 or 22511.59 is allowed to park for unlimited periods in any of the following zones:

(A) In any restricted zone described in paragraph (5) of subdivision (a) of Section 21458 or on streets upon which preferential parking privileges and height limits have been given pursuant to Section 22507.

(B) In any parking zone that is restricted as to the length of time parking is permitted as indicated by a sign erected pursuant to a local ordinance.

(2) A disabled person or disabled veteran is allowed to park in any metered parking space without being required to pay parking meter fees.

(3) This subdivision does not apply to a zone for which state law or ordinance absolutely prohibits stopping, parking, or standing of all vehicles, or which the law or ordinance reserves for special types of vehicles, or to the parking of a vehicle that is involved in the operation of a street vending business.

(b) A disabled person or disabled veteran is allowed to park a motor vehicle displaying a special disabled person license plate or placard issued by a foreign jurisdiction with the same parking privileges authorized in this code for any motor vehicle displaying a special license plate or a distinguishing placard issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Amended Sec. 12, Ch. 404, Stats. 2004. Effective January 1, 2005.
Amended Sec. 11, Ch. 478, Stats. 2010. Effective January 1, 2011.

I originally didn't really understand these rules, but I have been asking DMV personnel and researching. I now know that they are just doing this to increase revenue but the parking patrol is also not knowledgeable about the rules they enforce too.
You still don't seem to understand that those rules don't apply in your situation. You failed to procure a school permit. You lose. One would think you would have learned your lesson the first go-round.

Just Blue

You still don't seem to understand that those rules don't apply in your situation. You failed to procure a school permit. You lose. One would think you would have learned your lesson the first go-round.
Isn't there a saying about the "definition of insanity"?? Something about making the same mistake over again and expecting a different result...

Jus' sayin'..

:)

http://daf.csulb.edu/admin_guidelines/guidelines/disabled_parking.html
ok. thanks for the link. I am now reading it to see what its all about.

it seems that they want to have people get another special day permit from another location just to be able to park with a handicap placard anywhere, even at metered parking spaces. this is different from a student pass and faculty pass. guests like me would never know until its too late.

they want people with handicap placards to get a day pass as well even in locations that are paid. but the person paying cash does not need this. why? should it be the same across the board. so the ones who need to pay the meters should also get a day pass as well or are they harassing handicapped people?

looking at the ticket closer, they are not ticketing me for the meter costs. they are ticketing me for not having an extra secondary pass, but if you pay the meter then no pass is needed. so people like me who didn't know better got to pay a day pass by the ticket they are issuing.
very interesting.

from what I have been told, it needs to be an ordinance to be effective against vc 22511.5 . I will see if it is an ordinance. if it is, then I am at fault and I will admit to it.
if it is not an ordinance, then they are trying to supersede state laws and they are at fault.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">