• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handicapped zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kshultz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Arizona
I was picking up my granddaughter at school and pulled into the parking lot to find a place to wait for her. I got to the end of the lot and it was blocked so I had to turn around. The only way to turn around was to pull into a Handicapped space back up and turn around which I was in the process of doing when a motorcycle policeman pulled up and blocked me from being able to back up. I was not parked, did not park and had no intention of parking. He ticketed me with a $378 ticket for parking in a handicapped spot. When I told him I was not parking but just turning around as there were no spots he said too bad you can't even pull into a spot without a ticket. I then asked him how someone was supposed to turn around at the end of this lot safely without accessing a spot to do a 3 point turn. He said it was not his problem and left. While he was writing my ticket 2 other people did the same thing next to me and he did not ticket them....just yelled at them about where there HC placard was. Should I fight this ticket.....I am just sick that they would do something like this in a school parking lot where there are cars trying to find spots and turning around all the time.

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

Note the part where it says EXCLUSIVE.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/28/00882.htm&Title=28&DocType=ARS

28-882. Parking spaces for physically disabled persons

A. Each state agency having jurisdiction over street parking or publicly owned and operated parking facilities shall provide specially designated and marked motor vehicle parking spaces for the exclusive use of persons with physical disabilities.

B. Each political subdivision of this state having jurisdiction over street parking or publicly owned and operated parking facilities shall provide, as determined by the county board of supervisors or the governing body of a city or town, specially designated and marked motor vehicle parking spaces for the exclusive use of persons with physical disabilities.

C. Each parking space prescribed in this section shall be prominently outlined with paint and posted with a permanent sign that is located at least three feet but not more than six feet above the grade, that is of a color and design approved by the department and that bears the internationally accepted symbol of access and the caption "reserved parking".

Well color me blue and I did not hold my breath

Did you get the badge number of this guy in uniform? Did he have any facial hair? Me and my cats like that.

You may get out of the ticket if you provide truth that there was no way out... but the ticket man... well he kinda knows his stuff. At least I think ( hope) he does.

Let us hope... wait a sec I see a stray cat... hope you get better advice than me... ( and that man' badge #) put it here. You are not many states away from me I have traveled farther for a man in uniform.

Here kitty kitty

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">