• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! Can not find Municipal Code 80.69 (BS?)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TIGRESS

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
CALIFORNIA

HELP!
I CAN not find Municipal Code Section 80.69 BS?
Only can find Municipal Code Section 80.69 (b)?
No BS section?
As it pertains to Los Angeles No Parking/Street Cleaning.

They want to slap me with $65 fine plus late fees amounting to $145.
$65 No Parking/Street Cleaning
$65 Late Fee

$10 PENALTY ADDED FEE???
$ 3 DMV FEE?
$21 SPECIAL COLLECTION FEE???

WTF? These Fees are ridiculous!
Help!

1) Penalty added Fee $10? not included in late fee of $65?
2) DMV $3 Fee for what? DMV does not enter into equation
3) Special Collection Fee $21????? for what "special collection"?

justalayman

I suspect there is no such section. It would appear it would appear that all subsections of section 80.69 are all a single alphabetic character.

SEC. 80.69. PARKING PROHIBITED OR LIMITED.

(Title Amended by Ord. No. 122,716, Eff. 10/5/62.)

Whenever, with reference to any street or portion thereof, the Department determines that: (1) the same is within a business district; or (2) because of proximity to a business district or center of employment; or (3) because of an unusual concentration of population; or (4) because vehicles which are six feet or more in height (including any load thereon) parked within 100 feet of an intersection limit the visibility of approaching traffic and thereby create a hazard; or (5) because of any other factor or condition, the unrestricted parking of vehicles has caused, or would necessarily cause, traffic congestion, create a hazard, detrimentally affect the public welfare, or deprive the public of the efficient use of available curb space, the Department is hereby authorized to install at any such place signs giving notice that no person shall stand, stop or park a vehicle except as provided on such signs. The Department is further authorized to include notice on any sign which prohibits the stopping or parking of vehicles, that vehicles parked or left standing in violation of such sign may be removed. (Amended by Ord. No. 161,645, Eff. 10/17/86.)
(b) Parking Prohibited. Whenever authorized signs are in place giving notice that parking, as defined in Section 463 of the California Vehicle Code, is prohibited at any time or during certain hours, it shall be unlawful for any person to park any vehicle during such prohibited times, except as provided in Section 88.01.1 of this chapter. (Amended by Ord. No. 170,019, Eff. 10/21/94.)
SEC. 88.01.1. AUTHORITY TO EXTEND TIME AND TO CHARGE FOR PARKING IN COMMERCIAL LOADING ZONES, TIME LIMIT ZONES AND NO PARKING ZONES.

(Added by Ord. No. 170,019, Eff. 10/21/94.)

The Department is hereby authorized and directed to permit commercial vehicles to park up to a maximum of four hours in commercial loading zone, designated by signs or yellow curb paint, time limit zones with a posted limit of one or more hours, and no parking zones, when such vehicles are engaged in loading or unloading activities and are equipped with an activated personal parking meter, approved by the Department, that charges for time pursuant to the rate schedule set forth in Section 88.00.1 of this chapter.
to the various separate breakdowns of various fees and fines; I don't have a clue.

TIGRESS

California is the State I am Contesting Parking Ticket

Dear Sirs:

California is the state I am contesting Municipal Code 80.69 "BS"
Per my Research
and
American Legal Publish Library
can not find "BS"
section of the Municipal Code 80.69?

Help?
Doesn't the Parking Enforcement officer have to cite the CORRECT CODE ON MY PARKING TICKET?

All my best,
TIGRESS

BOR

TIGRESS said:
Help?
Doesn't the Parking Enforcement officer have to cite the CORRECT CODE ON MY PARKING TICKET?

All my best,
TIGRESS
If there is no S, it was an error. IF there were such it be in (S) also, as b is.

This is a "harmless error" in the law. If you wish to move for a dismissal based on that, you are free to do so, don't count on it being granted.

TIGRESS

No S. No B either

Don't the parking enforcement agent have to cite the correct Municipal Code for violation on parking ticket to the tune of $65?

Don't they have to follow the law also?

Many thanks,
TIGRESS

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Perhaps the error was not in the code listed, but simply an errant pen mark (maybe he was distracted while writing the ticket and dragged the pen across the paper, etc)

CdwJava

Don't the parking enforcement agent have to cite the correct Municipal Code for violation on parking ticket to the tune of $65?

Don't they have to follow the law also?

Many thanks,
TIGRESS
You are free to challenge the citation to the hearing panel or hearing officer and claim that the wrong section was alleged. Expect to lose if all you have is what you wrote.

dstrasser1

Human error "S"

And in all do respect to all here. There is no mistakes as such as the defense you are arguing on behalf of human error I have recieved 3 tivkets my friend a couple along with misc family memebers they all have 80.69BS the S is no error nor is mandated in traffic or vehicle violation codes books

Zigner

And in all do respect to all here. There is no mistakes as such as the defense you are arguing on behalf of human error I have recieved 3 tivkets my friend a couple along with misc family memebers they all have 80.69BS the S is no error nor is mandated in traffic or vehicle violation codes books
This thread is nearly 2-1/2 years old. Please don't necropost.

dstrasser1

Results

Can I ask then whaty were the results and out come of this....
Did this some how work out to this guys favor or what?

dstrasser1

Ok

As you are necroposting, one would assume the issue was resolved a few years ago.
I really dont know what necroposting in but if it is bad I am sorry.. I didnt know or realizer the thread was that old and one wopuld assume but assuning only leads to bad results.....

I did not see any post or updates in which indicates that the matter was resolved and what the out come oft this whole ordeal was. Can you or anyone else supply such info

Zigner

I really dont know what necroposting in but if it is bad I am sorry.. I didnt know or realizer the thread was that old and one wopuld assume but assuning only leads to bad results.....

I did not see any post or updates in which indicates that the matter was resolved and what the out come oft this whole ordeal was. Can you or anyone else supply such info
I guess that if the OP (Original Poster) wishes to come back and do so, then s/he can. Other than that, there's not much else we could say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">