• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I suck.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FRANKIET

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I switched plates on my car, I had no insurance and no registration, my car was totally illigal. I know they are non moving violations but how much are all these tickets going to cost me... THIS IS MY FIRST TIME DOING ANNYTHING THIS STUPID!!!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Well, you didn't specify exactly what you got tickets for, so I'll assume:

Switched plates (VTL 402 (4)): minimum $40 fine
Unregistered vehicle (VTL 401 (1a)): minimum $75 fine
Uninsured operation (VTL 319 (1)): I believe the minimum is around $250 (maybe $350 now).

Plus state surcharges totaling $100.

Plus a mandatory one year revocation of your drivers license (for the uninsured charge) and a civil penalty to be paid upon termination of the revocation (around $800 now I think).

A revocation means that upon the end of the revocation period you have to take the written test, road test, etc as if you never had a license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">