+ Reply to Thread
    so_cal_driver is offline Junior Member

Illegal Tint - California 24002(b)

I was cited for illegal tint under the normal California section in December. I removed the tint, paid the fine, and reapplied the tint. Today I was returning from a vacation and a friend was driving the trip home. He was pulled over for the tint on my car, and the officer gave me, the passenger, a ticket for the tint on car under vechicle code 24002(b) (unsafe vechicle due to tint on the front side windows).

I am wondering if this is normal procedure, as if I was not in the car who would have received the ticket?

I know what I did was wrong, and will pay the fines associated with it. But I am trying to research if there is any room for appeal.

Thank you.
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by so_cal_driver
    I was cited for illegal tint under the normal California section in December. I removed the tint, paid the fine, and reapplied the tint. Today I was returning from a vacation and a friend was driving the trip home. He was pulled over for the tint on my car, and the officer gave me, the passenger, a ticket for the tint on car under vechicle code 24002(b) (unsafe vechicle due to tint on the front side windows).

I am wondering if this is normal procedure, as if I was not in the car who would have received the ticket?

I know what I did was wrong, and will pay the fines associated with it. But I am trying to research if there is any room for appeal.

Thank you.
    Not really. The police officer could have been on the passenger side due to the busyness of the road or because it was your car or a variety of reasons. The ticket was valid. It belongs to the person whose car it is.