• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Tint - California 24002(b)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

so_cal_driver

I was cited for illegal tint under the normal California section in December. I removed the tint, paid the fine, and reapplied the tint. Today I was returning from a vacation and a friend was driving the trip home. He was pulled over for the tint on my car, and the officer gave me, the passenger, a ticket for the tint on car under vechicle code 24002(b) (unsafe vechicle due to tint on the front side windows).

I am wondering if this is normal procedure, as if I was not in the car who would have received the ticket?

I know what I did was wrong, and will pay the fines associated with it. But I am trying to research if there is any room for appeal.

Thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
so_cal_driver said:
I was cited for illegal tint under the normal California section in December. I removed the tint, paid the fine, and reapplied the tint. Today I was returning from a vacation and a friend was driving the trip home. He was pulled over for the tint on my car, and the officer gave me, the passenger, a ticket for the tint on car under vechicle code 24002(b) (unsafe vechicle due to tint on the front side windows).

I am wondering if this is normal procedure, as if I was not in the car who would have received the ticket?

I know what I did was wrong, and will pay the fines associated with it. But I am trying to research if there is any room for appeal.

Thank you.
Not really. The police officer could have been on the passenger side due to the busyness of the road or because it was your car or a variety of reasons. The ticket was valid. It belongs to the person whose car it is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">