• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Towing from Apartment Complex?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arbo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My family went out of town last Friday, leaving my car parked in its usual, designated spot. We returned on Tuesday to find that our apartment complex had repainted the parking lot over the weekend, and our car had been towed. We were not given any notice, written or verbal, that the parking lot would be painted this weekend or that we needed to move our car. The complex manager says a notice was put on the windshield 24 hours before it was towed, but that doesn't seem like enough notice to me. Is it really legal for an apartment complex to have a legally-parked car towed with just 24 hours notice?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
They repainted the lot? You mean repaved?

I don't see any issues here. It's their property and they needed to do maintenance work. Where was the car towed to?

arbo

They repainted the lot? You mean repaved?

I don't see any issues here. It's their property and they needed to do maintenance work. Where was the car towed to?
No, I mean they repainted the lines for the parking spaces. The car was towed to an impound lot, and I have to pay $250 to get it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">