• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Window Tint-Los Angeles, CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

obi88

Got 2 tickets now for an illegal tint on my 04 BMW. I live in Los Angeles and with the amount of lunatics in this city I simply do not feel safe without some sort of barrier between me and the rest of the road crazed sycophants.
I am curious if anyone has beaten one of these tickets before? Has anyone gone through this and not won? If so what was the penalty? Is there a way to rent the same model car, put my plates on it and take it to an inspection station as if it's mine or do they always check the VIN? This is just some stupid crap to add more money to the corrupt pot of this city and to be honest I would be remiss to simply lie down and take it. I would completely appreciate anyone's help. Thank you so much!

garrula lingua

Do NOT falsify anything; that's a quick way to escalate an infraction to a felony.

That infraction carries a max fine of $100. In L.A., with court penalties and assessments, it'll come to about $291. (per ticket)

You just can't have the front windows tinted to a high degree.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
obi88 said:
Got 2 tickets now for an illegal tint on my 04 BMW. I live in Los Angeles and with the amount of lunatics in this city I simply do not feel safe without some sort of barrier between me and the rest of the road crazed sycophants.
I am curious if anyone has beaten one of these tickets before? Has anyone gone through this and not won? If so what was the penalty? Is there a way to rent the same model car, put my plates on it and take it to an inspection station as if it's mine or do they always check the VIN? This is just some stupid crap to add more money to the corrupt pot of this city and to be honest I would be remiss to simply lie down and take it. I would completely appreciate anyone's help. Thank you so much!

There are very good safety issues for having laws against extremely dark window tints. For one, a police officer needs to be able to tell what they are getting themselves into when they approach a car during a traffic stop. Someone could have a gun or other weapon and if an officer can't see it he could end up getting shot or otherwise harmed. That is one of the reasons the laws were put into effect.
Second a piece of film is not going to protect you from anyone. It provides at the most a false sense of security. If you put your plates on another car, as was already told you, you are committing a felony. So be honest. Deal with it. And follow the laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">