• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Impeding Traffic Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

plumberinlaw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
I was just pulled over and ticketed. The LEO said I was doing 55 in a 40 mph zone. My lic. ins. and reg. are all good. When the officer returned with my ticket (first one in over three years) it was for MCL. Citation 2670, which is for Impeding Traffic (refusing to move vehicle after an accident). First question if I fight it can the cop or prosecutor change the charge to speeding? Second question is it allowed for the police to write you a ticket for an different offense than they pulled me over for?
Impeding traffic 0 pts. (not a moving violation) $175.00. Speeding 15 over 3Pts. $165.00

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
I was just pulled over and ticketed. The LEO said I was doing 55 in a 40 mph zone. My lic. ins. and reg. are all good. When the officer returned with my ticket (first one in over three years) it was for MCL. Citation 2670, which is for Impeding Traffic (refusing to move vehicle after an accident). First question if I fight it can the cop or prosecutor change the charge to speeding? Second question is it allowed for the police to write you a ticket for an different offense than they pulled me over for?
Impeding traffic 0 pts. (not a moving violation) $175.00. Speeding 15 over 3Pts. $165.00
Sounds like the cop may have written down the wrong code violation for you. They may have done this inadvertently, or they may have done so in an attempt to give you a break.

The violation you were cited with will cost you $10 more in fines, but will save you in the points on your license, which in turn can prevent you from having to pay more for insurance. Is it really worth your time and effort to try to fight it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">