• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Impounded car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cornelm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Washington

I'm trying to dispute the impounding of my car.

The car was parked in front of my house, which is marked (recently marked) as no parking zone, but with signs visible only from one side. I usually travel in the opposite direction, so haven't really seen the signs until now :-(

What happened is that the car was impounded just as I left on a 2 week trip. When I returned the car was missing. Very worried I asked a few neighbors, and found out that some other cars have been impounded as well by some towing company. The problem I have is that I've never been notified by either police or the towing company about the impound, and as a result the redemption fee reached 800$ after approx. 2 weeks. I already paid it, but I would like to dispute based on the fact that I haven't been notified as I was out of town (I have records proving that). Do I have any chances to win such a dispute?

Thanks,
Cornel

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Washington

I'm trying to dispute the impounding of my car.

The car was parked in front of my house, which is marked (recently marked) as no parking zone, but with signs visible only from one side. I usually travel in the opposite direction, so haven't really seen the signs until now :-(

What happened is that the car was impounded just as I left on a 2 week trip. When I returned the car was missing. Very worried I asked a few neighbors, and found out that some other cars have been impounded as well by some towing company. The problem I have is that I've never been notified by either police or the towing company about the impound, and as a result the redemption fee reached 800$ after approx. 2 weeks. I already paid it, but I would like to dispute based on the fact that I haven't been notified as I was out of town (I have records proving that). Do I have any chances to win such a dispute?

Thanks,
Cornel
Gee, if you were out of town, how were was anyone supposed to inform you? You were gone the whole time.

cornelm

Forgot to mention: the house # mentioned in the impoundment citation, 9100, is wrong. It should have been the # of my house, which is 9124. Any chances I could succeed in my appeal based on this?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Forgot to mention: the house # mentioned in the impoundment citation, 9100, is wrong. It should have been the # of my house, which is 9124. Any chances I could succeed in my appeal based on this?
9100 block :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">