• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper use of seatbelt ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

mdebmar said:
I personally think, and this is my opinion only, that a person ought to be able, in fact encouraged, to go to traffic school and get some education in the proper use of a seatbelt, plus tips for how to handle physical disabilities that make it difficult to wear in the way police look for. Then, if it is a first offense, it should not appear on the record if the person satisfactorily completed the traffic school course.
I do not think that a seatbelt violation is eligible for traffic school since it is not a point on your license.

I have heard that a medical exemption may be possible.
You have a medical condition requiring this exemption?

And, yes, there is a medical exemption.

Still, I think they are going WAAAY overboard with these seatbelt tickets, and for the record, I DO believe in seatbelts, just think this campaign to stop anyone APPEARING not to wear one as they think proper, is just going too far.
Contact the state legislature - they make the law.

Most the time, the cites are issued to people not wearing them at all. Improper use is a small minority of the citations issued. Also, the end of May found the nation in the midst of the Click-it or Ticket campaign - that's why the enforcement was so high.

Wear them appropriately and you shouldn't have a problem.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">