• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inappropriate Statute Cited for TKT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shipshop

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was in a huge, 89% filled parking lot last week and inadvertently turned into a oneway parking lane the wrong way. I attempted to turn around as the lane was long, but there was not enough space to move in so I drove out the wrong way thinking this was safer. There was a policeman patrolling and he ticketed me for 'Improper Backing' Statute # 316.1985(2). I have read this statute and I do not think it applys at all and I want to fight it in court. I am trying to find out how this statute is used and defined, it seems a strange one to me.

fairisfair

316.1985 Limitations on backing.--

(1) The driver of a vehicle shall not back the same unless such movement can be made with safety and without interfering with other traffic.

(2) The driver of a vehicle shall not back the same upon any shoulder or roadway of any limited access facility.

(3) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.

History.--s. 1, ch. 71-135; s. 1, ch. 76-31; s. 149, ch. 99-248.

Note.--Former s. 316.098.

Here is the statute, someone will be along to answer your questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">