• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect License # in parking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prm

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hello,
I got a parking ticket in NYC on Sunday 5/28 because of parking near hydrant.

I checked the parking ticket online, the license plate # was recorded incorrectly. Correct plate # S** ***, but online version of ticket shows my license # as B** ***. In the paper version, instead of S it is $

Since it is a mistake, can i ignore this parking ticket? If not, Can I dispute the ticket based on the follwoing fact?

I didn't notice the hydrant because there was already a car parked just beside the hydrant. I have a picture of this. And also my car was alomst 8-9 feet away from the hydrant.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

racer72

Go ahead and ignore the ticket. But if your car is towed because of it in the future, you will have no one to blame but yourself. Your state requires all vehicles to park 15 feet from fire hydrants. The fact there was another vehicle blocking the hydrant is irrelevent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">