• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indefinite License Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dvsirk

Pennsylvania
I've had an indefinite suspension of my PA license since 1999, for accident with no insurance. The judgement is $3,888. I called the court where the judgement is so I could pay it, and they told me to get in touch with the guy himself, that I'd have to pay him directly. I tried the phone number they gave me, and it has been disconnected. I told this to the court. The court told me to contact PennDot. I went to PennDot and they told me I have to contact the court.
I've tried searching for the "guy" to no avail.
What are my next steps? I have hit a brick wall. Any direction would be helpful.

OHRoadwarrior

Start checking social media and pay for an online search. He is not required to put his life on hold because you did not pay him back.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Are you serious? Do you expect to be able to easily find the victim SIXTEEN years later? You're surprised you've hit a brick wall?

You are looking for an easy answer and there is none. The easiest solution was to have paid the judgement 16 years ago when you should have. What's your excuse for ignoring this for so long?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I suspect that the court has a mechanism whereby you can deposit the full judgment amount (possibly [probably] with interest) in an escrow account with the court. Ask the court about that. You will need to get an attorney involved if you can't figure it out yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">