• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana Veh Registration Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kyito

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hi,
I recently leased a new car from the same dealer I used to have a loan. I traded in my car and I kept the license plate for the new car. Wen I bought the first car I went online and renew my registration without a problem. After I leased the new car, I was not able to find the renew option. A police stopped me a week ago because my plates were expired. I thought the dealer were going to do the same as the previous car but they didn't. The police officer told me to not bother, to go to the BMV and pay for the registrations and the ticket will go away. I followed his instruction and paid for the registration. While doing it, I told the bmv employee of what the police officer told me and she said that sometimes they tell to do something but forget to remove it. She told me to go to court and try to fight it. I try to log-in in the bmv website to see my driving record and I don't see any violations.
Should I still go to court and try to remove the violations?
Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">