• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance clerical error caused my gf to get arrested.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bloomingtonill

I'll explain this in detail so people understand here, basically 6 months ago my girlfriend got a no insurance ticket in illinois after u get that they put you on a insurance probation where if you don't have insurance after that they suspend your license.. so heres the situation. My girlfriend was recently driving our car got pulled over for a loud muffler and they said her license was suspended hauled her off to jail.. impounded my car.. After contacting the state we found out it was because geico reported that we didn;t have insurance. after contacting geico they said everything looked good on their end and could see that our insurance was good to go said it was a clerical error. Meanwhile my car sat in impound for 2-3 weeks racking up to 480 dollars plus in my county if you get your car impounded the paperwork is500 alone so it costme 980 dollars plus weeks of cab rides to work, now i can't pay my rent and am getting evicted. I'm at my wits end, are there attournies out there that will hehlp sue the state or geico for this?What should i do? a clerical error just cost my 980 bucks and my apartment.

Additional Details

After the cops brought her to jail they even let her out free admitting they could see things weren't adding up as we have active insurnace(still kept the car)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">