• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Issuing Tickets to Illegally Parked Vehicles at Our Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

So it appears you do have time to go outside and engage in a conversation with the unauthorized parkers.

Regardless, you will never be able to write enforceable tickets nor will the police.

Hanging signs on the neighboring business may help but unless the restaurant agrees to the signs, don't do it. While I wouldn't expect such a minimal crime to be prosecuted, it is in fact a crime.

But this is not chik fil a's problem. They are parking in your lot so it makes it your problem.

SamirD

So it appears you do have time to go outside and engage in a conversation with the unauthorized parkers.

Regardless, you will never be able to write enforceable tickets nor will the police.

Hanging signs on the neighboring business may help but unless the restaurant agrees to the signs, don't do it. While I wouldn't expect such a minimal crime to be prosecuted, it is in fact a crime.

But this is not chik fil a's problem. They are parking in your lot so it makes it your problem.
No, we do not have time, we have to interrupt normal duties to do so.

Are you kidding me? Police can write the tickets--I already confirmed that and stated that previously. READ or don't post.

Crime? Not if it solves the problem for both businesses.

I really don't want to hear your opinion any more. Stop replying to my thread and let someone else chime in.

justalayman

Are you kidding me? Police can write the tickets--I already confirmed that and stated that previously. READ or don't post.

I really don't want to hear your opinion any more. Stop replying to my thread and let someone else chime in.
No, the police cannot write tickets on private property unless the car blocks a fire lane or is parked in a handicap space. They cannot write a ticket if the law has not been broken.

And yes, posting anything on another's property without their permission is a crime.

And still not seeing how this is chikfila's problem. In fact it may even benefit them. If their lot is full many people would just not stop. The extra space in your lot may actuslly increase their business.

Last edited:

Just Blue

I am someone else!!

Hire an attorney to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

Several of us have chimed in, but you have chosen to ignore the advice. :cool:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Nevermind "parking services".

Call a few tow companies, especially ones that are close by. I can't see anyone charging you in order for them to potentially make thousands a month.

Another alternative is start booting cars yourself.

You cannot write parking tickets so get over it.

AdoptADog

There are 'parking enforcement' companies that offer services like this, and I've reached out to the local one. But on their homepage they talk about 'services starting at $300/month'. If this is the case, that's a dealbreaker. I'll find out how they can help if/when they reply.
I don't know what your budget is, obviously...but if it were me, I'd seriously consider the shortest contract I could get with one of these companies. Once word gets out that you are having people towed you might see a big decrease in offenses. It happened in my area with a Jack in the Box. It even made the news. It is located near a large college here, and students were abusing the parking lot rather than buying parking passes. After a few weeks of getting towed, they aren't any longer!

I hope you find your solution.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The Jack in the Box near me has a Starbucks across the street. They have a similar problem, so they put chains across their parking spots during the problem hours (mornings generally).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">