• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

late on inspection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faysmother

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I was due to be inspected by Dec. 31st, and I parked the car and forgot about it. When I returned to the car today on January 4th there were 2 tickets, one from the 2nd, one from the 3rd within 24 hours. Is there any grace period on an inspection so that if the car is inspected tomorrow, jan . 5th there is a basis to dismiss the tickets? also can they give two tickets for the same thing while the car is in the same spot?

thanks

The Occultist

They can continuously write tickets as long as the vehicle remains in violation of the law. I've heard tell of several tickets for the same violation being written in the same day, so I'd say you're quite lucky to find only two tickets.

There is no grace period that will guarantee a dismissal of the tickets, but if you go in with proof that you are now in compliance with the law, it's very possible that you will see some leniency.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">