+ Reply to Thread
    JR2
    JR2 is offline Junior Member

Late inspection ticket from different state

Ticketed in Philadelphia, PA but Inspected in NJ
    Returning from a Dr. appt in Phila, PA last week, I found that my car was ticketed for an expired inspection. (I hadn't realized that I was 2 months overdue as it's a 2 yr. inspection & I had an Am. flag blocking the 2004 digits.) I had the car inspected (passed) the next day.
    Must I pay the $100 fine?
    Thanks!
    racer72 is offline Senior Member
    It's up to the judge. Now you know who to ask.
    If you feel my answer is rude, mean, snarky or in anyway not to your liking, I did my job. You don't need to tell me.

No private messages, I do not reply to them.
    eHoward is offline Junior Member
    Philadelphia sucks.

No, you do not need to pay the fine.

You will need to go down and appeal it.

The hearing officer you get may or may not dismiss it. The hearing officer I got did not dismiss the bogus tickets I got related to inspection.

After the "hearing," I spoke with the hearing officer's supervisor, Lomax, and those tickets were dismissed.

The parking authority knows they are not to write those tickets for out-of-state vehicles and continues to do so. Lame.
    Bravo8 is offline Member
    I'm confused.

Were you cited for the Inspection violation under the state statute (Title 75, Section 4703A)? If so, that statute specifically requires the vehicle be required to be registered in PA. In other words, it doesn't apply to vehicles exempt from registration, such as those registered out-of-state.
    ruckus87 Guest

Angry received same bogus parking violation...

Last night I received a parking ticket....my car is registered in New Jersey, but was ticketed for an expired inspection by a Philadelphia parking attendant.

Are they able to do this???

I really want to avoid going to court because this is a lame ticket. Please advise.
    JR2
    JR2 is offline Junior Member

Late inspection ticket from different state

Thank you all for your timely and helpful advice. I reported for a hearing today, spoke to the court representative in Philadelphia and the ticket was dismissed! I saved $138 (late fees) and the cost of parking (which was paid for by the court.) He agreed that my car never should have been ticketed. My feeling is that Philly hopes that people pay the $100 and that they don't bother to drive in to complain.
    Thanks again!
    JR2
    racer72 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus87
    Last night I received a parking ticket....my car is registered in New Jersey, but was ticketed for an expired inspection by a Philadelphia parking attendant.

Are they able to do this???

I really want to avoid going to court because this is a lame ticket. Please advise.

It is rude to hijack the thread of another poster, start your own.
    If you feel my answer is rude, mean, snarky or in anyway not to your liking, I did my job. You don't need to tell me.

No private messages, I do not reply to them.