• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lax Stopping On Red

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

holypencil

What is the name of your state? ca

so i was picking up a friend from the LAX Airport and there were cars infront and behind me as we were driving along the a red curb. i noticed that the officer was writing the license plate number of hte car infront of me and i tried to get out but i had cars infront and behind me so i could not get out in time. after hte front car left, he began writting my license plate number as well and checking the car model and a bunch of information about my car. when i wasked why he was giving me a ticket, he said because i was stopping in the red zone that is for buses and that he would write me the ticket but instead he was going to send it to me because hte police officer was busy. i just want to make sure that this is a parking violation/non-moving violation because i can not get anymore moving violations. anyone know if this ticket is contestable as well? because i literally had no where to move and there was a whole line of cars i was a part of. thanks

-desiree'
email: [email protected]

S

seniorjudge

If you were parked where you were not supposed to be parked, then you are guilty of parking where you were not supposed to be parked.

It's not a moving violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">