• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Left Wheel To Curbleft Wheel To Curb Parallel Parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rob608

Washington DC - I received a ticket for "LEFT WHEEL TO CURB PARALLEL PARKING" in a spot directly in front of my house. It is a residential street parking space the size of one car. There are no other parking spaces withing at least 4-5 car lengths on each side. The direction I parked has absolutely no effect on anyone else. Has anyone received a ticket for this? and is this something I can get out of? Your opinion/advice is much appreciated.

seniorjudge

Q: Has anyone received a ticket for this?

A: Yes.

Q: and is this something I can get out of?

A: Plead not guilty and have a trial. Then you will find out.

HomeGuru

Washington DC - I received a ticket for "LEFT WHEEL TO CURB PARALLEL PARKING" in a spot directly in front of my house. It is a residential street parking space the size of one car. There are no other parking spaces withing at least 4-5 car lengths on each side. The direction I parked has absolutely no effect on anyone else. Has anyone received a ticket for this? and is this something I can get out of? Your opinion/advice is much appreciated.
**A: is the street on a hill?

xylene

There are no other parking spaces withing at least 4-5 car lengths on each side.
Not relevant.

The direction I parked has absolutely no effect on anyone else.
Not relevant.

The law is not about circumstances or effect, parking law is pretty rigid. enforcers don't have latitude to say "oh that's huge violation, but it isn't impacting anyone..."

You must park right wheel to curb in all but a very few situations, namely where permitted by signage or on a one way street with parking permitted on the left.

Next time go around the block and face the correct way.

seniorjudge

Not relevant.

Not relevant.

The law is not about circumstances or effect, parking law is pretty rigid. enforcers don't have latitude to say "oh that's huge violation, but it isn't impacting anyone..."

You must park right wheel to curb in all but a very few situations, namely where permitted by signage or on a one way street with parking permitted on the left.

Next time go around the block and face the correct way.
Please do not give correct or legal advice since you may get a sarcastic comment such as:

I see you are a very helpful individual on this site.

OP85063

Please do not give correct or legal advice since you may get a sarcastic comment such as:
I assume this forum is here to help people. Your advice was not helpful at all nor even hint for some information that can possible helpful the OP.

So if someone else is willing to help, let them, don't ask not to provide correct or legal advice. The sarcastic comment was made DIRECTLY to you and no one else, and it was made because of your incompetent respond to almost 80% of the thread that you reply to.

25,600 + post, and I can guarantee you 25,000 of it is:

seniorjudge View Post

HomeGuru

I assume this forum is here to help people. Your advice was not helpful at all nor even hint for some information that can possible helpful the OP.

So if someone else is willing to help, let them, don't ask not to provide correct or legal advice. The sarcastic comment was made DIRECTLY to you and no one else, and it was made because of your incompetent respond to almost 80% of the thread that you reply to.

25,600 + post, and I can guarantee you 25,000 of it is:

**A: what the heck is incompetent respond? You're missing a few lug nuts.

HomeGuru

:inadequate to or unsuitable for a particular purpose
:lacking the qualities needed for effective action

No, I am not missing any nuts, are you?
**A: ok, let's get real here. Incompetent respond is very bad grammar.
You should have stated incompetent response.

svashist

**A: ok, let's get real here. Incompetent respond is very bad grammar.
You should have stated incompetent response.
The forum / post is not about perfect grammar, as long as others can make sense of your post, it is more than sufficient.

The reply below was utterly useless & so was your comment ( but had perfect grammar I must say ).
People should shut up and not post if they cannot provide any useful information.

Alex23

The forum / post is not about perfect grammar, as long as others can make sense of your post, it is more than sufficient.

The reply below was utterly useless & so was your comment ( but had perfect grammar I must say ).
People should shut up and not post if they cannot provide any useful information.
Keep your illiterate BS to yourself. If you expect others to use their brains, you might as well try, yourself.

Is there a striped line in your street? Or is your street the width of one car? Can we see a photo of it on googleearth streetview?

We don't get enforcement of that type in MY neighborhood. Maybe one of your AH neighbors called to complain to make your life difficult?

svashist

Keep your illiterate BS to yourself. If you expect others to use their brains, you might as well try, yourself.

Is there a striped line in your street? Or is your street the width of one car? Can we see a photo of it on googleearth streetview?

We don't get enforcement of that type in MY neighborhood. Maybe one of your AH neighbors called to complain to make your life difficult?
Looks like you probably are one of illiterate AH in the neighborhood.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">