• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lights under a car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sofdelta

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio I got a ticket for driving with flashing red and blue lights under my car that is illegal but can u drive with solid Blue light under your car that dont flash?

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio I got a ticket for driving with flashing red and blue lights under my car that is illegal but can u drive with solid Blue light under your car that dont flash?
http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/

Give 'em a call and find out.

justalayman

I didn't look too far but it would appear you might be able to have a solid blue light.

(D) Except a person operating a public safety vehicle, as defined in division (E) of section 4511.01 of the Revised Code, or a school bus, no person shall operate, move, or park upon, or permit to stand within the right-of-way of any public street or highway any vehicle or equipment that is equipped with and displaying a flashing red or a flashing combination red and white light, or an oscillating or rotating red light, or a combination red and white oscillating or rotating light; and except a public law enforcement officer, or other person sworn to enforce the criminal and traffic laws of the state, operating a public safety vehicle when on duty, no person shall operate, move, or park upon, or permit to stand within the right-of-way of any street or highway any vehicle or equipment that is equipped with, or upon which is mounted, and displaying a flashing blue or a flashing combination blue and white light, or an oscillating or rotating blue light, or a combination blue and white oscillating or rotating light.
what I think is funny though is if you read the section, it states a flashing red light is not allowed to be used. Just what are you supposed to use for turn signals or emergency flashers? I know that isn't what they meant but it says what it says.

tranquility

OP is not in California. But thanks for playing
And, while I wanted to show there was a person who spent their life for years fighting such a ticket and lost, I recognize the actual law is not relevant so I wrote the fact Goldy was from CA.

It is the lesson and not the law I was trying to show. Sorry for thinking the OP wanted advice and not a google search of statutes.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
And, while I wanted to show there was a person who spent their life for years fighting such a ticket and lost, I recognize the actual law is not relevant so I wrote the fact Goldy was from CA.

It is the lesson and not the law I was trying to show. Sorry for thinking the OP wanted advice and not a google search of statutes.
Tranq -

I understand what you are saying...

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Why not just stop acting like a 10 year old and take the colored lights off your car? Then you won't have to worry about it, especially if you travel with the car anywhere else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">