• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

litter ticket in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tammyw

What is the name of your state? Texas
i was driving down the road with my windows open and an empty bag flew out my window and i got a ticket. Is there anyway i can get this reduced or dismissed since it was an accident?

fairisfair

yes, if you are able to convince the judge that your story is true, and he feels like it, you may be able to get the fine reduced.

Tammyw

it just seems so unfair, the policeman was directly behind me and saw that it flew out on its own. I do not litter. Well i will have to take my chances with talking to the judge as it was not on purpose. Thanks, i have never gotten a ticket before.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Tammyw said:
it just seems so unfair, the policeman was directly behind me and saw that it flew out on its own. I do not litter. Well i will have to take my chances with talking to the judge as it was not on purpose. Thanks, i have never gotten a ticket before.
Litter is litter -
You might want to look at http://www.dontmesswithtexas.org/faq.php

patstew

Tammyw said:
No one ever said life was fair. No, really, no one. :cool:

That being said, I'm not sure how someone driving directly behind you could determine how a piece of litter left the car.

fairisfair

Zigner said:
Litter is litter -
You might want to look at http://www.dontmesswithtexas.org/faq.php
Oh Zig, you are so right! cut and pasted from the site

"Even if the item in question "just flew out the car window," or "just flew out of the back of my truck," it counts — accidental litter is still litter. In fact, half of all litter on Texas roadways flies out of pickup truck beds."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">