• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost my fix-it ticket!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

felipesworld

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA (Los Angeles)

Hi, I received a fix-it ticket for expired tags a couple weeks ago and I have corrected it by renewing my registration and applying the new sticker to my plate. I was ready to send everything in to the court as proof of correction (I remember the ticket said this was correctable by mail), but I cannot find my original ticket now. I am able to look it up online and I have the violation number from the online record, but I'm wondering how I can get this resolved with the court if I don't have the original ticket...

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA (Los Angeles)

Hi, I received a fix-it ticket for expired tags a couple weeks ago and I have corrected it by renewing my registration and applying the new sticker to my plate. I was ready to send everything in to the court as proof of correction (I remember the ticket said this was correctable by mail), but I cannot find my original ticket now. I am able to look it up online and I have the violation number from the online record, but I'm wondering how I can get this resolved with the court if I don't have the original ticket...
Call the Traffic Court and see if they can give you an option to pay over the phone. If not, they may be able to send you an invoice or copy of the ticket to pay.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Call the Traffic Court and see if they can give you an option to pay over the phone. If not, they may be able to send you an invoice or copy of the ticket to pay.
He will also need to have the vehicle inspected and receive a "sign-off" from the inspecting officer/deputy. Yes, contact the court about this matter - they will let you know how to get a copy of the cite.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">