• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Meter Parking Ticket - How can I fight it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ezug15

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Here are the facts:

-I put $2.00 worth of quarters into a meter at 7:20pm on January 4th
-Before I walked away, I checked to see how much time I had and it displayed 2 hours.
-At 9:00pm I returned to my car and noticed that I had a ticket.
-The violation on the ticket was a meter violation and under Officer's Comments it stated 'Flashing Expired'
-The ticket was issued at 8:00pm
-After reading this, I went to look at my meter which was flashing a green light, and the remaining time displayed was still 20 minutes
-On January 20th, I went into the Magistrates office to contest it
-On April 27th, I recieved a letter stating that my meter was found to be in working order

I'm taking this to court, however, I need to know if there is anything that I can do to prove that I am not in the wrong here. From what I understand, the meters keep records, does anyone know how I can get a hold of this record? If there is anything else that may be useful, I would appareciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">