• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

meter worker made his own judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mway

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I parked in a handicapped spot in front of my office bldg. I have a handicapped placard hanging from my rearview mirror, and it doesn't expire until 2009. I received a $50 ticket, when I tracked the meter man and asked him how I received a ticket when I was not parked illegally, he stated that he had never seen my car with a placard before today( I recently hurt my back), and he was doing what he was told to do. Of course, he never saw a placard before today, because I usually park in the parking garage. Is he authorized to make that kind of judgement? How can I fight this ticket? Was what he did/said legal, if I have a handicapped placard? Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!What is the name of your state?

HomeGuru

mway said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I parked in a handicapped spot in front of my office bldg. I have a handicapped placard hanging from my rearview mirror, and it doesn't expire until 2009. I received a $50 ticket, when I tracked the meter man and asked him how I received a ticket when I was not parked illegally, he stated that he had never seen my car with a placard before today( I recently hurt my back), and he was doing what he was told to do. Of course, he never saw a placard before today, because I usually park in the parking garage. Is he authorized to make that kind of judgement? How can I fight this ticket? Was what he did/said legal, if I have a handicapped placard? Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!What is the name of your state?

**A: if you indeed have a legal and valid placard, then the court will dismiss the ticket upon proof of evidence.

seniorjudge

HomeGuru said:
**A: if you indeed have a legal and valid placard, then the court will dismiss the ticket upon proof of evidence.
I agree

Q: How can I fight this ticket?

A: Plead not guilty and ask for a trial. At the trial, do what HG said.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">