• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing info on Parking ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

One Angry Cop

What is the name of your state? New York

Have to love the NYPD, giving out tiks to other cops for double parking! My question is the ticket is missing the vehicle year and county of the violation. Is this grounds for dismissal. Thanks to all. :(

You Are Guilty

One Angry Cop said:
What is the name of your state? New York

Have to love the NYPD, giving out tiks to other cops for double parking! My question is the ticket is missing the vehicle year and county of the violation. Is this grounds for dismissal. Thanks to all. :(
Uhm, I won't comment on the fact that "brownies" are not NYPD, no matter what people say, nor will i comment on the fact that as an officer, youre supposed to know this stuff :p

But since I was an auxilliary and still have a lot of friend on the job, I'll try to help. Here are the only fatal flaws for parking tickets: http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/dof/html/dispute2.html

Absent something from that list, we're going to have to come up with a better defense. Any chance you were working at the time of the ticket?

;)

Last edited:

Speel_Chek

I'm posting on this thread because my question is in the same category.

Got a New York City parking ticket that looks different than the one at NYC Gov't's website. My ticket has a field for vehicle color, while the ticket pictured at the NYC Gov't site does not.

The color was stated incorrectly. Does this qualify to get the ticket dismissed because it was defective? On the vehicle registration, the color is specified next to the vehicle body type.

TIA.

One Angry Cop

Thanks

You Are Guilty said:
Uhm, I won't comment on the fact that "brownies" are not NYPD, no matter what people say, nor will i comment on the fact that as an officer, youre supposed to know this stuff :p

The cop was an actual patrol officer not a brownie. I would have felt better if it was a brownie. I am a FED located at the airport so I know little about tickets but I do know about professional courtesy. The cop could have left out something to null the ticket she just was a mean lady, I was polite not worth stressing over, though know looking at the ticket, it appears the registration expiration is incorrrect. Wish me luck, it was 115 bucks for double parking, then they wonder why people are leaving the city limits!

Y

ylen13

glad that you got a ticket and cop didn't let you slide just because you're a cop. Now you know how other people feel when you give them a ticket.

You Are Guilty

Speel_Chek said:
I'm posting on this thread because my question is in the same category.

Got a New York City parking ticket that looks different than the one at NYC Gov't's website. My ticket has a field for vehicle color, while the ticket pictured at the NYC Gov't site does not.

The color was stated incorrectly. Does this qualify to get the ticket dismissed because it was defective? On the vehicle registration, the color is specified next to the vehicle body type.

TIA.
It's impolite to hijack other people's posts, so I'll be brief. Color is not a fatal flaw, but sometimes you get lucky and can get a sympathetic ALJ to dismiss the ticket on that basis. Make sure the rest of the info is correct before you waste a good defense.

And to the OP, "ignorance of the law" and all :p Did you have your placard on the dash at the time of the ticket? Was the "operator present" box checked off? You'll find there is more "professional courtesy" down at 1 Centre Street if you decide to contest it in person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">