• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mistakes made on ticket, What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lessis more

I am in california, San Francisco.

just got a ticket for not having my lights on (it was night time).There were a lot things wrong at the intersection where the cop pulled me over; there where two cars blocking the intersection one car pulling into the intersetion . my lack of headlights seems like the the least of the issues. I asked the cop about all the issues at the intersection and he said to me "there are a lot of fish in the barrel and you can't get them all. The cop made two mistakes when writing the ticket. he got my birthday right but my age wrong, he also said that my race is M. (i think that is a mistake since i can't think of a race that starts with an M.) I also have a florida license and it states That I have a class E license but the cop wrote that I have a class C license. any advice would be great thanks.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

I am in california, San Francisco.

just got a ticket for not having my lights on (it was night time).There were a lot things wrong at the intersection where the cop pulled me over; there where two cars blocking the intersection one car pulling into the intersetion . my lack of headlights seems like the the least of the issues. I asked the cop about all the issues at the intersection and he said to me "there are a lot of fish in the barrel and you can't get them all. The cop made two mistakes when writing the ticket. he got my birthday right but my age wrong, he also said that my race is M. (i think that is a mistake since i can't think of a race that starts with an M. any advice would be great thanks.[

Pay the ticket and make sure you have your lights on. I work in the city of San Fran, and this will not fly.

CdwJava

lessis more said:
just got a ticket for not having my lights on (it was night time).There were a lot things wrong at the intersection where the cop pulled me over; there where two cars blocking the intersection one car pulling into the intersetion . my lack of headlights seems like the the least of the issues. I asked the cop about all the issues at the intersection and he said to me "there are a lot of fish in the barrel and you can't get them all.
The fact that there were other violations present is not a valid defense to your violation.

The cop made two mistakes when writing the ticket. he got my birthday right but my age wrong
Not an issue.

he also said that my race is M. (i think that is a mistake since i can't think of a race that starts with an M.)
Some officers write "M" for "Mexican". It's not what the records staff want to see, but it does not invalidate the ticket in any way.

I also have a florida license and it states That I have a class E license but the cop wrote that I have a class C license. any advice would be great thanks.
Did he write a CA license number on the citation? Or did he write your FL license number? In any event, this issue, too, is not a defense to the violation.

The only problems on a citation that tend to give grounds to dismiss are those that deal with identification. NOTHING you have written seems to indicate that you were not properly identified or that the person stopped was not you.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">