• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcycle parked in cross hatch lines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elliesan77

What is the name of your state? CA

My husband just bought a motorcycle. We went out for dinner to Buca di Beppos with my family- us on the motorcycle and everyone else followed in a car. There was a large cross hatch section in the front of the parking lot that we parked in. It was next to a handicap spot- but was much larger than the walkway type you usually see (also, other cross hatches that are narrower next to handicap spots have 'no parking' clearly painted on them and this one did not so we thought it was legal). There were free parking spots available, but we've been told by friends that people get upset when motorcylcles take up a spot and we'd seen motorcycles parked in cross hatches before.

Well, we came out and had a parking ticket for $345!! I went back and talked with the restaurant manager and he told me he sympathized with me that they have been having an ongoing battle with the city ticketing everything parked near their entrance. They'd even had a delivery truck of theirs ticketed. I'm wondering how I can fight this or at least have it reduced! We are a single income family- and we literally don't have an extra $300 to pay this ticket. help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">