• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

6a1248

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Got a traffic ticket for seat belt violation 27315 (F) on 4/04/11 ( had the seat belt on, but the automatic shoulder strap was broken so I did not have it on) and had the shouder belt fixed on 4/05/11. This car was registered under my son's name and title was talready ransfered on 5/09/11. Anyway, the ticket fine shows $160, the question now is how do I go about correctiong this ticket and do I still need to fine the fine?

Thanks.

Isis1

Got a traffic ticket for seat belt violation 27315 (F) on 4/04/11 ( had the seat belt on, but the automatic shoulder strap was broken so I did not have it on) and had the shouder belt fixed on 4/05/11. This car was registered under my son's name and title was talready ransfered on 5/09/11. Anyway, the ticket fine shows $160, the question now is how do I go about correctiong this ticket and do I still need to fine the fine?

Thanks.
you weren't wearing your seatbelt. you got a ticket,

(f) ) An owner of a motor vehicle, including an owner or operator of a taxicab, as defined in Section 27908, or a limousine for hire, operated on a highway shall maintain safety belts in good working order for the use of occupants of the vehicle. The safety belts shall conform to motor vehicle safety standards established by the United States Department of Transportation. This subdivision, however, does not require installation or maintenance of safety belts if not required by the laws of the United States applicable to the vehicle at the time of its initial sale.
yes, you still need to pay the fine.

Thanks.
You did not have the belt on properly so you'll need to pay the fine. This ticket is yours. Unless the officer cited you for the broken belt you don't need to do anything else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">